Friday, July 27, 2012

Video I'm trying to get makes for an unusual fix.


As you all know, one of the things I have bitched about a lot over the past years are those morons that do 40-45 MPH in the 55 MPH. Especially on this one section of road where you can't pass them. Hey, you're not the only one paying for this road, how about showing the rest of us some respect? You pass by at least two or three signs that clearly state 55 MPH. Still Tweedle-Dumber can't figure it out. Then we come to an intersection in which the road splits from two lanes to four. Right there is when it must dawn on the guy that wonders where the sun goes when it sets what the speed limit is.

Actually I think that most of these a-holes are doing it on purpose. They must have this attitude that no one will be allowed in front of them at all. A number of times when I went to change lanes to pass them, they magically match my cruise control settings. Thereby blocking me. On top of that often they shoot up to 70 MPH! No Kidding! I tried keeping up with them, but when my speedometer reaches 60, common sense on my part kicks in and I slow it down. Knowing my luck there is a cop up ahead and I'll be the one nailed.

My driver's license is my lively-hood. I'm not risking it on some dumbass trying to prove how big his dick is. I already pay through the nose for the best insurance I can get, I'm not paying any more for it because it doesn't cover MY stupidity.

I don't know what it is about this particular section of road. For some reason people act like they're the last lap of the Daytona 500. In both directions. Then they slow right back down at these two intersections. Never fails. Idiot does 45 MPH for several miles, at intersection one speeds up to 70, at intersection two slows it back down to 45. That's the other reason why I think they're doing it on purpose.

Now, what I have been trying to do for the past eight or so months is capture footage of this. I have had zero luck so far. It's amazing. As soon as that camera comes out, BOOM! Up to 55. Never fails. This is my theory: everybody has figured out that those traffic cameras right next to the stop lights are not on. If they were, nobody would be running the red lights. However, when looking in your rear view mirror, and a guy has a camera pointed at you, you know you're going to be on YouTube within hours.

No comments: