Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Online snail mail.

One of the many weird and totally boring hobbies I have and have decided to not bore all of you with is coin collecting. Trust me, I have become a total nerd and can really bore you about the proper way to clean a coin.

The point I'm going to make is that if I do buy form the U.S. Mint directly, I do it online. So why am I getting advertisements and catalogs in my mailbox? You know, U.S. Mail. United States Postal Service. Everything I buy from The Mint is from The Mint's website. I have never ever filled out an order form made from paper.

What? Do they need to spend the money or their budget is going to get cut? (Yeah right.)

This missive was prompted by Adobe. They sent me a card in the mail, U.S.P.S. an offer to buy CS5.5. Why? They got my email account. How many people got that mailer? How much did that cost? Is that why CS5.5 costs $1900? To make up for all the stamps Adobe bought?

No comments: