Friday, April 22, 2011

You Highness.

Rated R
(They got that one right finally.)

After years of fomenting jealousy at his older brother's exploits, Prince Thadeous is sent much against his will to help re-rescue his brother's bride after she is re-kidnapped by the evil wizard. Along the way Thadeous grows from princely playboy to all around hero.

So I got my wish, lots of boobies. Generally far away shoots, covered in mud. But plenty of close ups of severed wiener. Just what is this Hollywood obsession? Or more precisely I'm worried about me. How in the hell do I keep finding this stuff? This movie overall was not fun to watch. The only real laughs I had was at the very end with Thadeous's line to Isabel “I was just about to finish thinking of you.”

Was this supposed to be a serious movie with bits of comedy? Well, it fell far short of Princess Bride. Was it a satire on the fantasy genre? It fell far, faaaaaaaaaaaaar short of Robin Hood: Men in Tights. (There was a shout out to the Great Mel Brooks movie at the very end.)

Dollar theater for Your Heinous.



For those of you that must obviously be gluttons for punishment and stuck around, here's me adding to the review, putting it in this entry and not making a “new” post just one minute shy of this one.

I found the part where Prince Fabious's knights betraying our heroes and siding with the evil wizard very ingenious and really caught me off guard. And the fight with the hydra was kind of unique in that the hydra was actually what's his name hand in a cauldron. When one of the snakes heads was cut off, so was the bad guy's fingers. You'd figure after one was cut off, he'd stop. But no, like any bad guy he just can't help himself and lose it all.

I did find mistake: The Isabel swim scene. At one point she was in the water, then she was out of the water, dry, and then diving in. Natalie Portman in a metal thong. (Oh my!)

  By the way, this is from the trailer. In the movie she wasn't wearing this much.

No comments: