Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rosenkreuzstilette 106b Work Around of Sorts.

I was at a friend's place to help him fix his computer the other day. (I owed him a favor.) Mostly it wound being downloading and installing service packs, getting rid of no longer used programs, updating various other stuff. Taught him how to score free music off of YouTube. When I was done I turned it back over to him and started to leave. (I heard the latest issue of Rosario Vampire was out) when he tells me about this game he just got.

"I just bought this cool game. It's like Megaman only it's all girls. It's called Rosenkreuzstilette."

"Tell me more." I'm thinking: "This guy has been my friend now for several years, he's never been to my site? Hell, my own brother never even goes to my site. Let's see how far playing dumb can get me." (Believe me, I can take it pretty far.) My evil plot is to play the game and make all the usual first time mistakes: sliding into pits, jumping on the bad guys, thinking that spikes are cuddly. I'll let him think that he's teaching my something, then I'll spring the trap and not get killed until the Raymond Raimund Seyfarth Battle, or until I stupidly slide into a pit.

I blow it within one second. Mis Amigo still had the game windowed. In the upper left corner it said  "Rosenkreuzstilette - Version 1.05c."

"1.05c! When did you get this game?"

"Yesterday."

"You bought it? From DLSite?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Could you download it again?" So he went to DLSite and re-downloaded it. Unzipped and indeed it was version 1.05c.

When I wrote my article about the 106a English Patch Workaround I had ASSumed that 106a was the version being offered from DLSite. The workaround is the same, but there is more detail to add. This works for people who have just bough the game, or those that have an un-altered copy of 105c from DLSite.

MAKE A BACK UP COPY! AND ONLY SCREW WITH THAT COPY!

Now, with the COPY apply the Rosenkreuzstilette English Patch. Note this makes an additional copy of the game. Next, with the COPY of Rosenkreuzstilette 105c you got from DLSite apply Patch 106b. Finally copy/paste the "scenario.dat" file from English Patch to 106b. This only changes the talking back and forth with the giant floating heads. This doesn't change any menus and other wossnames.


 
If you have already patched your one and only copy of Rosenkreuzstilette 105c from DLSite to 106b you are probably SOL. And I don't mean the Satellite of Love, worse. In doing the research for this I have yet to get the English Patch to work with any version other than what came from DLSite. I have version 1a that I got off that hard drive I bought at auction years ago. If I patch that one to 105c, the English patch fails. I swear to Belldandy that is the version I used to to apply the English patch from the very beginning. So you are going to have spend the $15 something dollars to get another copy.

There's a little bit more. I have actually been asked to provide links to or to send in email the English version of the "scenario.dat" file.

No.

I have gone through the EULA for the Rosenkreuzstilette English Patch and the best of my understanding is that no individual part of the patch can be redistributed. Out of respect for the work I won't do that. I do suggest pestering the programmers  to release the "scenario.dat" file by itself.

No comments: