Friday, July 2, 2010

Rosenkreuz World Order

Recently an anime convention came to town and I decided to spread the good word that is Rosenkreuzstilette. Now, what would be the best way to do so? I could set up a booth. But the logistics, time, and money just ruled that out. What could I do to show everybody my fandom of this video game?

How about a t-shirt? That shouldn't be too difficult. (oy-vey.)

Making the images was pretty easy. Just took awhile to find a font that approximated the same look as the NWO logo from the 90's. (Bradly Hand ITC, I believe.) Did up a couple of images and went to a T-shirt shop my brother recommended.

And spent a good couple of hours being told what I wanted was too time consuming and very expensive. There were two other logos I made that had screen shots from the game as well. They said they would have to break down the images to put each color on a separate layer. About $20 a layer. You've all played the game, that would be way too much money.

I commented that I've seen kiosks in the mall that would take your picture and put on mugs and t-shirts. They said they couldn't do it and nobody in the area could.

My brother recommended another shop and they said the same thing. (I'm sensing a pattern.) However, they told me to check out a shop in the mall. The one I rarely go to because the only store I ever went in closed.

So, I gave them a call this time. They said yes, come on down. Bring all my material and they would help me out. Got there, the lady downloaded everything to her computer and said to comeback in a week because they were backlogged. A week later they showed me the final product. I was a little disappointed because it didn't turn out as good as I hoped. But hey, I ain't spending that kind of cash on a video game.

Paid for my shirts, (which now occupy space in my closet). Then went home and finished up that alternate music soundtrack.

1 comment:

Justin De Lucia said...

The shirt designs are nice, in my opinion.