Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Uh-oh moment, three days later.

Last Thursday, 11 Nov 10 as I recall, I went through my usual rutine of reading the comics I get via an email subscription. Ones like Bloom County, Wizard of Id, Garfield, Calvin and Hobbes, and so on. I laughed and closed out and went about my rather boring business.

The next Sunday I was listening to a nationally syndicated radio talk show I tune into only in times of extreme desperation when the host mentioned in passing about a cartoonist apologizing for a cartoon that ran the previous Thursday. As soon as I could I went back to my email to look it up. I had an oh my goddess reaction.

Before I go ranting myself all over the place, I do some research. I looked up the cartoonist's apology. I had a little bit of queasiness concerning it, but seeing as how this is the first time such a bad bit of timing has occurred to the best of my knowledge. I 'll chalk it up to a collective brain shart.

Collective because it wasn't just the cartoonist at fault. He has a staff of hundreds, if not thousands that missed it. The syndicator that has thousands, if not tens of thousands, of people that missed it. It happens. Really.

So, what's my excuse?

No comments: