Friday, March 30, 2012

Brain fart solved the two pixel problem.

But first, an addendum.

Remember awhile back when I was bitching about going slower than the posted speed limit? I got my panties in such a wad I forgot a few things. Like getting stuck at red lights because of these slowpoking dumbasses. I haven't done any scientific surveys to see if I stop at red lights more often when doing the speed limit or when I am being held up below the speed limit. What I do know is that it is it is extremely frustrating when I am forced to stop when the guy in front of me seems to think that slower is safer.

States spend incredible amounts of my tax dollars to figure out the maximum safest speed for all the roads. More than likely the speed limits are much lower than they need to be, but that is beside the point. However there are those that think if 55 is safe, then 50 is safer. If 50 is safer than 55, then 45 is safer all the more! That is unless there is a guy yapping on his cell phone, adjusting his radio, texting, sexting, eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner and might actually be doing the speed limit coming up behind the guy thinking that 35 is the safest of all.

This really is insane: once again I am coming to a light that is in the process of of turning red. It's bright orange for all the world to see. I'm going to stop of course, I have plenty of space. The light turns red and the guy in front that caused me to have to stop at the red because he was going much slower than the posted speed limit blows right on through.

That's one for the Huh? Files.

This too has me scratching my head: guy was doing 45 in the 55, we come up to a section of road that is now 45. He slows to 40. I would like to get around him, but can't because some other non-driving pinhead passed by me, caught up to and then slowed down and perfectly matched speeds with Ax. A few more miles down the road Smash decides to make a turn and I can finally make my great escape. At this particular moment in time the speed limit is dropped to 35. I drop to 35 thinking that the guy will drop to 30. Seems logical. He was going 45 in the 55, then 40 in the 45. No, he continues to do 40 blowing right past me.

Now this is the pièce de résistance: Once again I'm behind some bitch doing 40 in the 55. I can't get around him because it's a two lane highway and there is plenty of all the oncoming traffic. Of course I get stuck at the red light. So does Crush. This particular intersection is usually my salvation. It splits into five lanes. A center turn lane and a right turn lane. However this right lane can also go straight across, but it ends and remerges back into the left lane about a block past the intsection. Many the time I have used that lane to get my marry ass down the road. Not this time. The light turns green and I floor it, so does asshole. He blocks me from getting around him. Were up to 50 by the time the lane ends so I have to drop back down to prevent him from wrecking me! He then he slows right back to 40. MOTHERFUCK!

What was that about two pixels? Screw it, I'm all pixelated now. Some other time.

No comments: