Saturday, July 10, 2010

Insert Videos Here

Okay, so what the hell does an alternate music track have to do with an Anime Convention? I'll get to it.

There were several goals I set up for myself: First was to use songs of the same styling. What I mean by this is go play Megaman 9. Capcom used the Megaman 2 Stage Start in a game that uses the same feel as Megaman 6. I can hear the difference.

Second was to not use the most obvious songs. Like Toadman for Sichte's stage.

Third was to be able to justify the use of the song. Not just because I liked it.

And I epically failed.

Yes, I wound up using songs from all across the Megaman universe. From Complete Works, Powered Up, Arcade, Maverick Hunter X, to name a few. After about a day of trying to find a CW replacement for Replay Grolla, I gave up and went with Zero's Sacrifice from MH X. I discovered It really didn't matter if the styles didn't match, as long as it sounded close enough.
(I admit to being a little too anal about such things, like safe sex.)

So after that fateful decision, the whole thing came together rather quickly. Except for Talk Tears. I had forgotten about it until I did the last play through. CRAP! I could just leave it, but that isn't my style. So I go back into the Megaman music folder. By about this time I had heard all these songs several dozen times and was sick of them. I'm tired, cranky, and needed to make a call on the porcelain phone.

When I got back, playing through a random happen stance of random shuffling in Windows Media Player was Alia and Gate from MMX6. "Heh, That'll do."

Admittedly, I did use songs that I would have to contort myself into pretzel to justify. Like using Chargeman in Merkle's Stage. I could spend at least another 20 paragraphs comparing the similarities in attacks, or I can simply say, It's my favourite song from MM5, and I was desperate not to use Skullman or Woodman.

One thing I was trying to do for at least the regular stages was to use a song from Megaman One through Eight. I do have the soundtracks for Nine and Ten, but I don't find them interesting, and hey, Splash Woman is just too damn obvious. (Yes, I did use Toadman for Sichte's stage.)

Also, I actually used Geminiman for the Anime Convention, not Frostman Demo. Oh yeah, The Anime Convention, what does any of this have to do with the Anime Convention? Darn, ran out of time for this week.

Tune in next time when we'll hear Grolla say: "Hey big man, let me hold a dollar."

No comments: