Friday, May 18, 2012

How to use Rosenkreuzstilette patches.

PATCHES! We don't need no stinking PATCHES!

Yes we do. The game was originally made back in 2007. In the days of Vista. We have come along way since then, so must the game. Erka:es has endeavored to fix bugs and make sure it runs on modern systems.


Why am I discussing this? Isn't there plenty of other sites that go through this? Well, people are asking how to, and they are clicking on my sites, but not finding the answer. So here I go.

(By the way: I am using a version of Rosenkreuzstilette I bought off DLsite many years ago. I really don't want to spend any more money just to see if the version there has ever been updated.)

Before you start: Make a copy and only screw with that copy. Always save an original.

When you click on the 106b patch you will see this:

I'm somewhat sure that this is asking do you really really (say it like the Miz now:) REALLY want to do this? Click yes.


 
Click the two question marks at the side of the white box and that while open up a drill down menu where you have to find the game.


Next click okay.


Finally click "???(C)" and you can play your upgraded version of Rosenkreuzstilette.




Remember what I said about making a copy? Make another copy of the original 105c and apply the English patch. (I'm not going to show that because it's exactly the same process.) Now copy the "scenario.dat" file from English 105c and paste it into Japanese 106b. Now you have a somewhat fully enjoyable version of Rosenkreuzstilette.

No comments: