Friday, September 16, 2011

Win 8: Fail Great.

I know it's too soon, but I am annoyed within five minutes of using it. Greeted with the touch interface. Click on desktop and goes to what looks like Win Vista. Want to play Solitaire? Click on the Start button and go right back to Touch. Click on Explorer to get to Libraries. Then you can get to My Computer. Now I'm really annoyed because I now have to dig through many folders to find Solitaire. Then I realize that I have forgotten the filename used. You see the name you see in the Start menu is not what is used in Programs and other folders.

There's MS Paint. Just as buggy as it is in Win 7. XP Paint still works. I transferred it over it open and works fine. Except the fact it adopts all the bugs too.

I only tried the Ink Pad app, much to my dismay I couldn't close it. I'm guessing that there is supposed to be a button on whatever pad device Win 8 is going on the closes apps, but you still need that close button in the app itself. Had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close it.

I've only tried it for an hour, not loaded any other programs, and don't have any drivers. I'll continue looking at it and report back.

Download it here:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website is shit, and your comics are completely unfunny.

Joe said...

Dammit, I screwed up, I was supposed to post that comment in the article with me bitching about other people's web designs and comics.

Anonymous said...

THE RETARDED MANCHILD FINALLY ADMITS TO FAKING ALL THESE COMMENTS!

Joe said...

I finally got to listen to Leo Laport's show and it seems as if he ran into some of the same problems I did. Also he noticed something I didn't: Win 8 loaded much quicker than 7. He's right. I tested it on a five year old P4 3.0 with 2GB of ram and on board video and it was really much faster overall. It was a little choppy but probably only because I have yet to take the time to plug it into the internet and download some drivers.