Friday, August 26, 2011

Transformers: The Real Season 4.


While wandering aimlessly with my head on a swivel through the video section of the local Best Buy, the cover of a Transformers DVD caught my attention. It did because it was very different from the ones I had have been seeing on the shelves for the past couple of years. Deciding to take a closer look, it turns out it was Headmasters.

Believe it or not, even in this day of the information super highway, many do not know about Transformers: Headmasters, Powermasters, and Victory. Most people think the original series ended with three awful episodes culminating in Galvatron rocketing Cybertron towards Earth in order to destroy both. He fails, the Decepticons are sent into deep space, and Cybertron enters a new golden age.

As did I. Until my first Asian vacation. I got to watch most of all three series. Now concentrating on Headmasters, I can sum it up with one word:

AWFUL!

Voice acting: AWFUL! Writing: AWFUL! Animation: AWFUL! Let's not get started on Daniel. Thought he was annoying in Season 3? While watching the real Season 4 I was wishing that Fortress Maximus would just take his thumb and push down on Daniel really hard.

So I bought a copy. Now where in the queue should I put it? Just got done with Batman: The Brave and the Bold Season 1, but I'm currently watching Those Who Hunt Elves. Also I'm taking in lots of House and The Closer. When's the next volume of Family Guy going to be out?

What's that on the cover? “First part of the rare Japanese TV Trilogy...” They're bringing over the real Seasons 5 and 6? That sure put to waste all that effort to get a hold of Super God Masterforce from England.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admit it you're watching right now.

Joe said...

Yeah, I am. Might I say;

Subtitles: Awful.

They're hard to read, timing is off, and often what is actually said by the character is not what shows up in the subtitle.

I understand using the American names. For instance Cerebros instead of Fortress; but when Sixshot clearly uses the word Ninja and it doesn't show up in the subs; it can get really confusing.

Anonymous said...

I gues youre talking about headmasters, so why the opening too victory