Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It Worked.

What worked?

When I first started this blog I was pretty damn ignorant with the more intricate details of the settings, and I would have to agree with most that I still am. I thought I was always stuck with the time and date given by Blogger. Not so. After a year I tried scheduling a post a day out and it worked. Then I tried a week out and I was ecstatic.

One day I was having to fix some older posts because I messed up some information. When I reposted them the were in the original location and not up front. I found it interesting because it doesn't junk up my blog with out of date posts and new posts.
Well, no more than usual.

I've noticed that when people fix a post on their blogs they'll usually post a new entry saying they screwed up and not even fix the old post or even add in an annotation about it. The problem with that is what if someone finds that old page with bad information and not the new one with the good?

This week after posting the above rant about Inukami I realized later that I had forgotten a lot. I could just easily re-edit the post, or do what everybody else does and make a new post that would would appear above the old one.

I decided on an experiment: Could I possible make the post with the additional blubberings appear below the original? Turns out I could.

Not a very useful trick. But as usual I found it interesting.

No comments: