Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Boy and His Dog-Type Girl.

If anybody ever takes the time to read the comments might have seen me spouting off about something that's binding my cheese. Welllllll, I changed my mind, I'm not going to talk about it. Why? Because I can. Instead let's be positive and talk about:



This weekend I was engaged in my usual pastime of going to book stores and reading the magazines without paying for them. When I was done I went to the manga section (big surprise, wasn't expecting that was you?) I was looking for the usual suspects and they weren't out yet. Then I spied the omnibus collection  of Inukami. The cover picturing a cute girl with the bushy tail had me picking it up and taking a much closer look. Yes, a very closer look.

To sum up the summery: "Ineffectual trainer has to train the untrainable." Wow, I've never seen that before *cough* pokemon *cough* kurumi *cough* Now my conundrum: which one to buy: The $16 volumes 1,2,3 or just the $10 volume 1? I hate spending even $10 on a book, I may not like it, but you can't judge a series on just one volume. It took about two volumes of Soul Eater for my to decide I didn't like it. (I do like the anime.) So I spend the extra six bucks and tax, (lotsa tax.) I figure if I don't like it and if there isn't any nudity I can give it to a friend of mine for his kid to read.

I liked it, I couldn't put it down. I went through Inukami that night, now I'm busy rereading it. Let's get the two major drawbacks out of the way. The nudity. While I love looking at naked women, there's a time and place. One of the places is certainly not in this story. Sometimes you have to take the unnecessary with everything else. The other bit is that Yoko's hair has a tendency to change color and style. Making it hard to read at some points.

This next criticism is not specific to Inukami, It's one I have of books, comics, TV shows in general: they're hard to follow at first. That's why I read through at least two volumes before making a decision on whether I like it or not. The creators are throwing all their ideas together trying to see what clicks and what doesn't. Establishing their characters and stories. That can take awhile. By about volume three of Inukami this is mostly settled and an actual conflict seems to be brewing.

To be honest, I don't know why I like Inukami. Why Oh My Goddess? Why am I still reading Lucky Star? I just do. Give Inukami a try, It can't hurt you. Well maybe drool over everything and scratch herself at inappropriate times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In other words, you have no job, no money, no girlfriend, no life and your only sex activity consists of fapping to shitty sprites and kiddy weaboo drawings.

Your father and your mother must be SO proud of you.

PD: Keep wasting my tax money, I don't care. I mean, I have a job, my money income doesn't comes from someone else's charity and it's actually fun to see a pretentious old fart like you trying to act all smug, when all what you REALLY do is being a stupid manchild who is basically, dying alone.

PD2: Stop stealing Psyguy's sprites.

Joe said...

Ravy Comics: Your free online cathartic experience.