Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blog Exclusive: Why Spell Out "RKS."

Like everybody else, when it came to talking about Rosenkreuzstilette I would use the acronym "RKS." The programmers use it all over the game in the graphics and even in the icon labels. Like everybody else instead of spelling out that most weird name, and get it wrong all the time and get beat down for it, just use RKS. Only the uninitiated wouldn't know what you're talking about. I myself caught on in a short while.

Then happenstance struck. When I first got the game over a year ago, the name was spelled out in the file folder; so I always copy/pasted it into Google. One day I absent-mindlessly typed "RKS" and got a lot of nothing relating to the game. Like the guy who wondered where the Sun went when it set, it dawned on me: I need to spell out Rosenkreuzstilette all the time.

I've gone back over my articles and replaced most of the "RKS's" with "Rosenkreuzstilette." I've noted since then one of my articles is now on page eight of Google.

By the way, I will never say anything that can be disproved by a simple Google search.

No comments: