Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vampires do Suck

After a whole day of farting around and accomplishing absolutely nothing, I go to the theater to do more of the same. One movie I wanted to see had already started and the other one wasn't until an hour later. So I split the difference and take my chances.


Vampires Suck was a decent movie. I actually chuckled throughout. I was worried at first because it seemed I was the only one heading in the general direction of that movie. Then two other people happened in front of me and and went in.

"Glad to see I'm not the only one." then I was surprised to see the theater about two-thirds full.

I have not seen Twilight or True Blood, or any recent vampire schlock. But I got the gist. The writers did a good job of downplaying specific references and up-playing generic references and slap stick. Kind of like when the Super Zucker Brothers did two Scary Movie movies. You did not have to have seen any of the movies being made fun of to get it.

I was disappointed because the writers of Vampires Suck stuck with jsut making fun of Toilight. I'm not unfamiliar with vampires. I've played almost all the Castle'roid
games. Read three of Ann Rice's books. (Not Interview, but I have seen both movies.) Watched Vampire in Brooklyn, Under World, and one of the Blades. I've read all of Rosario Vampire.

This movie I think might have been better than Dracula: Dead and Loving it.

Over all, I rate Vampires Suck a matinee.

No comments: