Sunday, May 2, 2010

WoWzers

Some time ago somebody asked me what I thought of World of Warcraft. I told him I didn't think anything of it. I never played it. He seemed kind of shocked. I said I just wasn't interested in playing it.

That's pretty much it. Then I thought about it some more. A friend of mine from long ago showed me WoW and let me fool around a bit. I was enthralled by the character creator. I thought I could make a 3-D Becky. So I decided to buy the game for that reason. But, alas, found out after having spent the $30 for the game, you had to get a monthly subscription to even use the creator portion. I said no way.

Of course I did further research and found that the game is much complicated than I thought. You have to talk to other people. I don't like to do that while playing. You can't just play by yourself, you have to form teams and communicate. I'm old school video gamer, I prefer to just play with myself.

As a matter of fact, go watch the Lucky Star OVA. Tsukasa is me playing WoW.

Now here's the scary part: You see, I don't like looking at Megaman's ass for hours on end. I would have to have a female avatar. This came up at my cousin's place during Thanksgiving. He got out Mario Cart Wii and let me have a turn. I choose the Princess. He an everybody else started laughing at me to no end. "What a sissy, playing as a girl." Too which I responded: "Oh, so you like staring at Mario's ass?"

I'm not the only one of that opinion. Some guys even go so far as to have a female avatar, female nickname, and even a female email handle. So beware, that smoking hot bikini clad sword-stress maybe some dude cranking it.

No comments: